Being Pursued

One longing of every human heart is to be pursued. Maybe more so for girls than guys, I don't know. But we all want others to initiate relationship with us, and we feel more alive when there's someone pursuing and actively taking interest in us. It's a reminder that we're interesting, important, attractive, etc. And for sure, I believe it's a yearning God put in us. Not so that we'd get puffed up whenever someone shows interest in us, but so we'd feel most exhilarated and secure in finding that the Almighty God is pursuing us at every turn.

In every other religion, it's always people pursuing whatever deity or god has the power to bless and protect them. In Christianity, it's the opposite. We have a God who's fiercely in love with us, and who's chasing us down just to bless and protect us through relationship with Him. There's truly no one like Him. He's constantly in pursuit of us. Often I forget that, but when I see how He so actively pursues those who don't know Him, I'm reminded of His pursuit of me, and how He carries the exact same feelings for me now as He did when He was pursuing me as an unbeliever. He just longs for us to pursue Him back, because only when we pursue Him can we realize how He's pursuing us constantly, every second of the day. We're constantly on His mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joyful Invitation

The Worth of Hiddenness

His Proposal, My Reflections